The Kalker CONTACT add-on to SIMPACK Rail
The Kalker CONTACT add-on is a version of CONTACT that is integrated seamlessly into SIMPACK Rail. Once you have built your vehicle and track models in SIMPACK Rail, the contact results are evaluated almost automatically. You just select the wheels and moments in time that are the most interesting and off you go. Further the add-on provides detailed information for the further assessment of wear.
- easy access to Kalker's full non-Hertzian theory;
- improved prediction of wheel and rail wear;
- detailed assessment of plasticity and rolling contact fatigue;
- validation of results of simplified theories.
The add-on takes care of all the preparations that are required:
- determining the initial contact point(s) between wheel and rail;
- defining a local coordinate system;
- computing the initial penetration of the undeformed profiles;
- computing the creepages.
- the location of the contact patch(es) w.r.t. the wheel and the rail;
- the contact angle and creepages;
- the size of the contact, adhesion and slip areas;
- the contact forces, normal and tangential, according to Kalker's theories;
- the maximum pressure, maximum shear stress and the wear number.
If you're interested in finding out more about the capabilities and prices, please fill in the following form. We will then contact you on the telephone number or e-mail address as indicated below.